Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Obama wasn't looking to 2008

There's a bunch of hoopla about the below conversation Sarah Palin had today with Elizabeth Vargas. Let's take a look:

ELIZABETH VARGAS: If it doesn't go your way on Tuesday ... 2012?

GOV SARAH PALIN: I'm just ... thinkin' that it's gonna go our way on Tuesday, November 4. I truly believe that the wisdom of ... of the people will be revealed on that day. As they enter that voting booth, they will understand the stark contrast between the two tickets. ...

VARGAS: But the point being that you haven't been so bruised by some of the double standard, the sexism on the campaign trail, to say, "I've had it. I'm going back to
Alaska."

PALIN: Absolutely not. I think that, if I were to give up and wave a white flag of surrender against some of the political shots that we've taken, that ... that would ... bring this whole ... I'm not doin' this for naught.
Now let's see how Barack Obama responded to a similar situation in 2004:



Obviously, Palin is the superior politician. She didn't allow herself to be trapped by her own words and risk being called a flip-flopper in 3 years when she announces her run for the presidency. Obama looked like his usual deer in the headlights.

In response to: McCain robocalls AZ, Palin looks to 2012

No comments: