The comments from the left seem to say that the election shows republicans/conservatives stand for nothing, while the liberal elites bath in the glory of their progressive opinions. This is by far the truth. As a response to those that “stand” for what is liberal, here is what it means to be conservative.
- I am a Conservative because I believe American succeeds when we stand up for our country. WE created it, WE defend it, WE promote it, WE admonish it and WE ARE IT. If you are not “it”, then there is a new homeland call that EU that is perfectly welcoming.
- I am a Conservative because I believe in the inventive ingenuity of its people and their ability to form businesses for the purpose of selling products, making a profit and paying its employees. Neither bottom up (Communism) or Top Down (Authoritarianism) work. It is the people alone and their creativity that drive the economy
- I am a Conservative because I believe the government should get out of the people’s affairs. No where in the Constitution does it stipulate rights to universal health care, welfare, social security, prescription drugs, the Department of Education, Health and Human Services, or the EPA. The list goes on but you get the point.
- I am a Conservative because I believe in common sense and the reality of the world. Judgement takes common sense and the reality of the world is harsh, filled with people intent on doing harm. You cannot solve problems pretending they don’t exist, you have to face them head on with a principled moral compass for guidance to your common sense solutions.
- I am a Conservative because I am an unapologetic believer in the literal meaning of the Bill of Rights, as expressed in the writings of our Founding Fathers. For example: "And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …" Samuel Adams.
- I am a Conservative because I believe in the Rule of Law as founded in the inherent moral compass of our being. Either placed by God or determined by the judgements of mankind through principles of Objectivism, our laws determine the actions of its citizen towards others and maintains the mandate of freedom for one’s person.
- I am a Conservative because I believe in the inherent notion that absolute power corrupts absolutely and government must maintain a rigorous set of checks and balances, so that no party or person or group ever has the power to dictate authority over the masses, without our expressed permission.
- I am a Conservative because I believe in Free Market Capitalism. I believe in the ultimate power of the consumer and Lassie-Faire principles that dictates the responsibility of the consumer in the market system. Failure of the consumer to engage, along with governmental interventionism is the basis for nefarious business practices and market correcting collapses. We should take note....
- I am a Conservative because I believe in America. Its principle of right and wrong, its expression of Hope, the bastion of Freedom on the hill for all the world to see. An example of what is good, even in the face of adversity or disagreement, we stand alone if we must to give others in the world a reason to dream.
- I am a Conservative because I believe through strength there is peace. Strength alone is a force for evil, when in the hands of the few. But when in the hands of the many, it is a tool of freedom, of democracy and hope for those less fortunate. The representation of service and comfort to those oppresses by the same tool misused.
- I am a Conservative because I believe in the freedom we have in our own person. We all have to live in our own shoes and have little right to judge others for how they live in theirs. We must respect the legality of each individual’s right to exist, but in so doing employ the moral consensus of society to right the wrongs one person may choose to exhibit on another, either directly or indirectly. There are no gray areas.
- I am a Conservative because I believe “WE THE PEOPLE, have formed a more perfect Union, established Justice, insured domestic Tranquility, provided for the common defense, promoted the general Welfare, and secured the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, have ordained and established this Constitution for the United States of America”
In response to: I am a Liberal Because...